Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Self Help Junkie: The Value of Persistence


I will persist until I succeed.

The prizes of life are at the end of each journey,
not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to
know how many steps are necessary in order to
reach my goal.

Failure I may still encounter
at the
thousandth step,
yet success hides behind the next
bend in the road.

Never will I know how close it
lies unless I turn the corner.

Always will I take another step. If that is of no
avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth,
one step at a time is not too difficult.

I will persist until I succeed.

Henceforth, I will consider each day's effort as
but one blow of my blade against a mighty oak.
The first blow may cause not a tremor in the wood,
nor the second, nor the third.

Each blow, of itself,
may be trifling,
and seem of no consequence.
Yet
from childish swipes...
the oak will eventually tum
ble.

So it will be with my efforts of today.


I will be liken to the rain drop which washes
away the mountain; the ant who devours a tiger;
the star which brightens the earth; the slave who
builds a pyramid.

I will build my castle one brick
at a time
for I know that small attempts, repeated,

will complete any undertaking
.

I will persist until I succeed.

I will never consider defeat and I will remove
from my vocabulary such words and phrases as
quit, cannot, unable, impossible, out of the ques
tion,
improbable, failure, unworkable, hopeless,
and retreat;

for they are the words of fools.


I will avoid despair but if this disease of the mind should
infect me then I will work on in despair. I will toil
and I will endure.


I will ignore the obstacles at my
feet
and keep mine eyes on the goals above my
head,
for I know that where dry desert ends,
green
grass grows.

I will persist until I succeed.

If
this passage moved you,
and you want to get a hold of this book
(via amazon), click below.

The Greatest Salesman in the World

This book has had a huge impact on my life...
so it is only right to share it with you!!!!

It is called "The Greatest Salesman In the World,"
by Og Mandino.




It is one of the best selling books of all time,
sold by word of mouth.

Take care,
Self Help Junkie V.1.0